UGenome provides bioinformatics services in medical assessment for breast cancer treatment
- Fibrotic-like matrix stiffness pro- motes distinct metastatic phenotypes in cancer cells, which are preserved after transition to softer microen- vironments, such as bone marrow.
- Using differential gene expression analysis a score of mechanical conditioning (MeCo) associated with bone metastasis in patients with breast cancer.
Client had access to RNA-seq data from breast cancer patients before treatment with Nintenab* UGenome pre-processed and aligned the RNA-seq data to a reference genome. UGenome converted the aligned RNA-seq data to transcripts per million and calculated a MeCo score for each patient. *Nintedanib is used to treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Using bioinformatics analyses can create scores to help detect disease progression and treatment quicker
- Clinicians can use additive scoring as a tool to help their patients receive personalized treatment
- Patients can have better outcomes with precision information about their fight against cancer